You are hereHome ›
Prompts for Poets Weekend Workshop
Poems for the Writing: Prompts for Poets
Valerie Fox and Lynn Levin, co-authors of the new craft-of-poetry text Poems for the Writing: Prompts for Poets (2013), will conduct a weekend workshop exploring several of the unique prompts in their book.
We have within us our own stories, memories, and artistic influences—the subject matter for poems—and often all we need is the right kind of creativity-boosting prompt to help us shape that material into a poem. We will find inspiration and guidance in these classroom and workshop tested prompts. A fun, positive, and supportive workshop, which will include some in-class writing and sharing.
Class enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Since many classes fill quickly; we encourage you to enroll early. Your enrollment is complete when full payment for tuition has been received.
Full and Partial Refunds
- Requests for refunds must be received in writing. To request a refund, email Program Coordinator Joe Fritsch at email@example.com.
- Poets House retains a $60 processing fee on any refund.
- Refunds requests must be made at least 24 hours prior to the first meeting.
- Six registrants are required in order for a class to run. If a course fails to meet the minimum registration, it will be cancelled and full tuition will be refunded to all registrants.
- Tuition will not be pro-rated for missed classes.
Please place the class name AND your email address so we can contact you in the "Order comments" field on the "Check Out" page prior to submitting payment