Please join eco-poetry.org for a reading and conversation regarding eco-poetics and the environment.
A reading by the 10 poets in Poets House’s second annual Emerging Poets Fellowship program. Funded by a generous grant from the Jerome Foundation, this program assists emerging poets by providing excellent poetry writing instruction and mentoring in the special environment of Poets House's library—with its unique archives and access to far-reaching programs and conversations with poets and poetry audiences.
• 12:45 pm Welcome with Joseph Bruchac & Allison Hedge Coke
• 1:00 pm: A Conversation with Cedar Sigo, Orlando White & Karenne Wood
• 2:30 pm: A Conversation with Joseph Bruchac, Natalie Diaz & Joy Harjo
• 4:00 pm: A Language Conversation with Natalie Diaz, Orlando White, Sherwin Bitsui & Karenne Wood
• 11:00 am Welcome with Joseph Bruchac & Allison Hedge Coke
• 11:10 am Craft Presentations and Discussion with Jennifer Foerster, Maurice Kenny, Cedar Sigo & James Thomas Stevens
• 2:00 pm: Panel on Native Narratology with Santee Frazier, Allison Hedge Coke & Roberta Hill